Monday, August 29, 2011

Baby Update

Today baby is officially 1 week late!  I don't blame her, it's been incredibly hot here, yesterday at 111 and today a high of 108, I would stay inside as long as I could too! Unfortunately since she hasn't come on her own, we will be going in to be induced this evening.  Although some say it's ok to go up to 42 weeks until being induced, my dr. doesn't like to wait any longer than 41 weeks.  So tonight we're heading into the hospital and they will start to induce at 7pm. We are praying that this process goes smoothly and quickly and that they won't have to end up using pitocin.  They will start me on a suppository and continue every 2-3 hours through the night, this is supposed to help ripen the cervix.  Anyway, that's probably enough detail for everyone, we will keep you posted! Pray for a quick labor and healthy baby for us :)

1 comment:

  1. I like how you used to word 'ripen'... gave me a great visual haha!! I hope you guys get some cooler weather soon!

    ReplyDelete