Friday, March 4, 2011

The Awkward Stage




I text my sister a lot about my symptoms or to ask her questions and recently I texted her to tell her that my jeans were getting really tight and my shirts weren't looking so good on me anymore.  To that she replied "Welcome to the awkward stage!".  I'll be 16 weeks on Monday and have only gained a couple lbs.  I have actually been trying to gain a little weight since at my 12 week appointment I had lost about 6lbs from being sick and I felt kinda bad about that.  It's actually kind of hard to figure out how much you should be eating although they say you should take in an additional 300 calories a day, it's just that you don't want to get gaining too much weight but then you feel bad if you lose weight.  They say I should gain 1-2lbs every week now, we'll see how that goes.

So the picture above Alex took for me, to me it seems pretty drastic but I'm guessing to you it doesn't appear to be that drastic yet.  At work, I've been wearing loose fitting tops with cardigans over them because I haven't told many people yet in the office.  Today while I was sitting at my desk I had my first button undone...kinda like Berner (Murphy) does after she eats a lot...right Em?  Luckily most of my stretchy jeans are still working but I'm guessing it won't be long until I have to start looking for things with a belly band. 

So basically the awkward stage means that to most people, you don't really look pregnant, just that you've got a little belly and if you're lucky, a sizable increase in breast size.  To add to the awkward stage for me...I think all my acne from sophomore year of high school has come back in full force, awesome. They say women are "glowing" in pregnancy...well they actually say that because your hormones can make your skin super oily, thus giving you that lovely glow.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your blog. The awkward stage is almost over. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I still undo the top button after a big meal. You should go with the legging and a longer shirt look for a while, that is always comfortable and cute! You are cracking me up and I can't wait to hear more updates!!

    ReplyDelete